It is said that people are much more eager to change or remodel their wash room more than any other space at home. This is partially because of its frequency in use and also because it is relatively smaller in size to the other areas at home and can be done up with the fraction of the cost.
Although it is less complex as a project compared with other areas, bathroom renovations Melbourne also need to be given some thought before commencing. Therefore the following tips are gathered from experts and previous owners of re-modelled spaces to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Make use of wall space: it is said that smaller spaces benefit far better when cabinets and other elements are moved within the wall space. Therefore try as much as possible to recess things like the toiletries cabinet and even the toilet roll holder. They can save you a lot of space.
- Colour: if you are struggling with that tiny wash room, the simplest way to the give it a makeover is to use colour that makes the space look bigger. Usually darker colours tend to make a room look smaller therefore opt for neutral colours.
- Bathroom tiling: this is one important aspect. Experts suggest that you should keep the variety to a minimum and settle for three. Typically the three would include one type for the floor, one for the wall and one type that acts as the focal point. Therefore if you go for a design with colour for the focal point, then keep the rest in a more subtle colour to match it.
- Light: people tend to look at themselves in the mirror mostly in the washroom, however ironically sometimes it is the most poorly lit room in the house. Therefore experts suggest that you invest in some reasonably good sets of lighting to illuminate the space.
- Hangers: one more tip to extend the surface area of the room is to use hooks and other methods to hang material from clothes to towels.
- Toilet: when positing the toilet, make sure that it is not directly facing the door.
- Maintenance: this is crucial if your newly designed space is to last or even have the look and feel as the beginning. Therefore consider what amount of cleaning you are prepared to do. Some material used in bathrooms such as textured or natural stone tiles tend to have ridges that collect dirt and grime, which will take extra time to clean. So if you are unable to put in the time for maintenance it is best to go for low maintenance tiles such as ceramic or porcelain.
These are some simple tips to think of before making that decision to re-model your bathroom.